Off Road driving skills are perishable. If the officers have not been off road driving for an extended period or for accredited agencies that need refresher training in off road driving, this course will address this need. The morning is review of skills. The afternoon will require problem solving to complete the course. This course can also be tailored to address single officer patrols. Students need to have completed either a one or two day course within the previous three years.
What to bring:
(Training Coordinators - make sure your people get this list and the pre-reading!!)
1. 4-wheel drive vehicle in good working order (one vehicle per two students is recommended if you are sending more than one student)
2. Boots with good tread and ankle support.
3. Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent.
4. In your vehicle a first aid and fire extinguisher
5. Tools and recovery gear if any. In the course we will discuss suggested items.
7. If you have a gps and compass please bring them.